About M.E.

I have always been M.E. (Michelle Elizabeth), but Judd made me a MES :) I have discovered a love of photography over the years. I have never taken any classes, but have just learned by experimenting. Enjoy the world through my eyes.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wreaths Across America

I absolutely LOVE Christmas.  It is a gift my mother shared with the three of us girls.  As the season draws to a close, I try and photograph the things that made it special that year.  This past year, we are back in the USA, and are living near a military cemetery.  We took a walk on a cold Kansas day, to the cemetery to take pictures.  Enjoy the view through my eyes that day!



http://wreathsacrossamerica.org/ 



We walked through the cemetery and stood each wreath back up in its place, since the wind had knocked them over.  It was amazing to be in a place where so many lived, and died (from the late 1850's through 2010).




To the Unknown Soldiers of the Civil War (and the CSA - Confederate States Army).  Not all of the graves has wreaths.  The CSA was in the section that did not have them this year.

  To all the branches of service: National Guard, Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, Air Force, and the POW*MIA.  
  

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO KEEP THIS GREAT COUNTRY FREE!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment